Escorted small group tours that look at specific elements of history in depth. For mature & senior travellers seeking to visit significant places of cutural, economic and historic importance to the subject matter.
Until 1066, Britain had been invaded by a number of groups that have contributed to many distinguishing features in Britain.
- Visit amazing Skara Brae, a village on Orkney inhabited 5000 years ago by Neolithic settlers.
- March into Fort George, Britain’s mightiest artillery fortress.
- Drink a dram in an historic distillery.
- Explore Stirling Castle, one of Scotland’s best preserved and most fascinating.
- Soak up the atmosphere in the mighty ruined Abbeys of the Borders.
- Be surprised to discover just where the Politicians planned to hide out in case of a nuclear attack.
From top to bottom, take in the full length of the country as you embark on a study of the past.
“What did the Romans ever do for us?” The Romans certainly did a lot for Gaul.
Our tour features the best of the Italian countryside as well as the great cities and icons of Italy. We will see the Renaissance cities of Florence, Pisa, and Lucca as well as the Umbrian medieval cities of Perugia.
The Industrial Revolution brought great change to Britain as major rivers were linked with canals, and railways were developed. Discover how engineers overcame geographical obstacles using viaducts, bridges, aqueducts, tunnels, and locks. Witness first hand many impressive structures that transformed Britain’s economy, some now restored for recreational purposes.