Odyssey Travel is publishing this policy to ensure that we clearly demonstrate our commitment to the responsible management of personal information and the protection of personal privacy. We are committed to upholding the National privacy principles contained in the Privacy Act - Amendment (Private Sector) 2001.
Collecting & Keeping your Information Safe
Odyssey Travel collects and stores information about customers to:
* Maintain contact with our mailing list customers.
* Inform customers on all aspects of our travel tour offerings.
* Comply with necessary business and accounting standards.
* Complete your travel arrangements.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy and the information we collect will not be shared with other organisations for commercial purposes. Information storage is within our secured physical premises with various degrees of security control for access to computer records.
If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services that you require.
How we collect personal information
Odyssey collects personal information in a number of ways including:
* Requests to be placed on our mailing lists following media activity.
* Collection of email addresses from those who wish to communicate with us by email.
* Completed booking forms in relation to travel requirements.
* From our own records on how you use our services.
* From third parties on the & "refer-a-friend" returns.
* Advice from overseas operators who use our services (inbound only).
* Requests received via our website for the newsletter subscriptions.
How we use your information.
Your personal information may be used to:
* Complete airline bookings and travel related arrangements.
* Conduct inhouse and external marketing activities and research.
* Arrange travel insurance cover.
* Keep you informed on all aspects of our travel programs via catalogues, e-newsletters and other forms of correspondence.
* Provide an invitation to our various presentations.
* Gain a better understanding of your particular requirements and communication preferences.
When we disclose your information
For the purposes set out above we may disclose your personal information to organisations/entities outside Odyssey. The organisations/entities to which we disclose information include:
* Airline companies.
* Providers of travel related services such as accommodation, ground transport, shipping companies.
* Foreign Embassies to obtain necessary visas.
* Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers.
* Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
* Mailing houses.
* Providers of travel insurance services
These organisations/entities are strictly prohibited from using this information for any other purpose.
Help us to maintain accurate information
Odyssey takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
* Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
* Keep us up to date with changes to personal information.
How can you access your personal information?
You have the right to access your personal information subject to some exceptions allowed by law. For privacy and security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing addressed to the Executive Director.
Whilst a fee is not normally charged for providing information to you, Odyssey reserves the right to charge for any extraordinary cost incurred in providing you with the said information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to Privacy, please contact us on 1300 888 225 or contact us in writing at: Odyssey Travel P.O Box 189, Edgecliff NSW, 2027, Australia. Alternatively, you can email your questions to CEO@odysseytravel.com.au marked for the attention of the Privacy Officer.
How will we handle a complaint or dispute
If you have reason to believe that Odyssey has breached the Privacy Policies outlined herein, we urge you to raise this in writing with the Privacy Officer.
We will investigate all complaints and respond to you within 14 days. If we find the complaint justified, we will promptly resolve it.
All electronic direct marketing material will incorporate an 'opt out' provision.