Introduction from Mark Banning-Taylor, Chairman & Owner of Odyssey Traveller (est. 1983)
These are difficult times.
With travellers joining Odyssey Travellers Small Group Tours now from countries all over the world, we continue to appreciate and enjoy your positive contribution to our tour programs of typically between 6 to 14 people. We remain committed to you participating in our programs from wherever you live.
Odyssey is unique and adaptable and we have a full programme online of over 170 tours available for you to book with departure dates and prices through to December 2022. We also have published more than 600 articles and country profiles to read and learn about a current or future proposed destination.
Odyssey small team’s ongoing commitment to looking after you has been reflected in a 98% transfer rate achieved with those booked on tours scheduled to commence in the near future. Our service standards and ability to be flexible and think of innovative solutions in challenging times is reflected in our mantra of “treating others how you would like to be treated yourself”. This remains core to our approach in taking care of you from the time you book to the end of the journey.
For those travellers looking at our pages for the first time, we say welcome, and to our regular travellers and members of our unique loyalty program, we say thank you and welcome back.
Why educational travel?
Educational travel is more than a holiday. It’s a chance to see, feel and learn about the people, places & the history of the part of the World you have chosen to explore. Your Odyssey leaders and local guides share their learning and knowledge ensuring you learn as you continue your journey with like-minded travellers.
For mature and senior travellers, Odyssey offers a range of educational based learning tours across some 90 nation states and some 300 departures. We offer walking tours through the national park, managed adventure travel tour experiences, river cruises where appropriate to the markets. Travel that is beyond the mainstream with a balance of touring and free time to explore or have a break in the evening away from your group should you choose.
Why Odyssey Traveller?
Since 1983, for close to forty years, we have been providing educational tours for the over 55’s all around the world. We are the small-group educational travel experts for mature and senior travellers for the world, based in Australia. Our journey to provide small group educational tours is evolutionary, we listen to your post tour feedback, we refresh our escorted programs to continual improve the travel experience offered at great all-inclusive prices, remaining conscious of the challenge of the solo traveller and the single supplement.
We also remember to reward our loyal customers with our own loyalty program from your third small group tour.
Why small-group travel for mature & senior travellers?
Small group travel for mature and senior travellers of typically 6 to 12 people offers peace of mind, security, shared knowledge, unique access, as well as the camaraderie of a small group of like-minded travellers, that welcomes couples and solo travellers who remain keen to learn and explore the world around them.
We focus on your comfort and safety
At Odyssey Traveller we provide small group tours that go beyond the tour program. Our thinking and offering to you the traveller also includes some or all of the following actions as a typical style of travel experience you can expect from us;
- To be flexible in our travel arrangements and day to day operation of our touring programs. Our small groups offer this flexibility by consensus to change the program.
- Assist you with route planning to and from a tour from home if you require.
- To ensure that the small boutique style hotels selected care about us as customers and our health and wellbeing. Odyssey will rarely book you into hotel with more than 150 rooms.
- The coaches allocated are deep cleaned before a tour commences. And that all hand and seat grabs are wiped over before the start of each day’s travel.
- That drivers and guides confirm a minimum of 24 hours before joining the tour that they are fit and well.
- That travellers will typically have one row of seats for each traveller in a coach.
- That hand sanitizer, N95 face masks if required as a minimum standard and wipes are available in the coach for the duration of the tour. That hand sanitizer is used before passengers board the coach after any stop and the exiting of the coach by members of the travelling group including the driver, guides and leader.
- That all travellers are prepared to submit themselves to a private daily temperature check if necessary.