Newquay, Cornwall, England
An Antipodean travel company serving World Travellers since 1983
Newquay is a popular seaside resort in Cornwall, England, visited by Odyssey Traveller as part of our tour of Devon and Cornwall.
Beginning in the city of Bristol, our Devon and Cornwall small group tour explores the history of this fascinating region of England, with still-present Celtic traditions and a long and cosmpolitan history as a major exporter of tin to the Mediterranean. Delving into the legends of King Arthur, we visit Tintagel Castle on the north Cornish coast, believed to be the birthplace of the mythical king.
Devon and Cornwall are home to some of England’s most magnificent scenery, varying from the granite headland of Land’s End to the subtropical Tresco Abbey Gardens on the Isles of Scilly. We drive down country lanes, and visit seasidetowns such as St Austell and Penzance.
Since 1983, Odyssey Traveller has been serving global travellers. Every small group tour is designed for mature and senior travellers who want an authentic experience of place, learning about history, art and culture as they see the world. We offer small group tours of between six to twelve people, led by a travel director and guides chosen for their local knowledge.
History of Newquay and folklore
Articles published by Odyssey Traveller to assist you on your visit to Britain
The following list of articles published by Odyssey Traveller for mature aged and senior travellers to maximise their knowledge and enjoyment of Britain when visiting:
- Why Join a Small Group Tour?
- Ten Things We Never Knew About London
- Exploring Newcastle upon Tyne
- Traveller’s Guide to Medieval England
- Life in the Medieval British Village
- Victorian England Rural Life
- Queen Victoria’s Britain
- New Discoveries About Britain’s Stone Circles
- Dry Stone Walls: An Alternative History of the British Isles
- British Village Icons: Pubs and Cottages
- Roman Roads in Britain
Click here to see our other articles of the British Isles.
External Articles to assist you on your visit to Britain
- Getting Around Devon
- Travel Devon
- 10 Must Visit Beaches in Devon
- Visiting the Beautiful Cornwall Region of England
- 48 hours in. . . Cornwall, an insider guide to England’s wild west
- Ten books about Walking in Britain from the Guardian
- UNESCO World Heritage sites of Britain
- Neolithic Britain (British Museum)
- Guide to Neolithic Britain (Country File)
- History: Middle Ages (BBC)
- An Introduction to Medieval England (English Heritage)
- The top 9 UK countryside breaks for 2018 (Country Living)
- 21 Most Beautiful Villages in the UK (Travel Away)
- These are the top 10 most picturesque towns, villages and cities in England (House Beautiful)
The Silk Road is an ancient trade route linking China and Imperial Rome through Central Asia. Few areas in the world remain as unexplored or offer such richness in terms of ancient and modern history, culture, and scenic diversity as Central Asia. Our Small group Silk road tours itinerary explores the Road through remote deserts and mountainous environments as we visit key sites between Xi’an and Bukhara.
Odyssey Traveller small group tour explores Paris, Honfleur and Abbeville in France, Bruges in Belgium and then Luxemborg. Travelling with like minded people to discover some of the finest gardens of Europe, like Claude Monet’s garden in Giverny. We also take in a memorial service in Villers-Bretonneux, which saw the greatest sacrifice of Australian and New Zealand troops during World War I.
Our escorted tour gives guests an insight into the history of this Icelandic nation. Travelling as a small group, our daily itineraries explore the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and others, national parks and majestic waterfalls as we learn about Iceland’s natural heritage and its Viking past from experienced local guides. There is a single supplement for solo travellers.