Odyssey Traveller is offering travellers the opportunity to attend the Oberammergau Passion Play in 2020, with 3 different tour types between May and September. These groups are limited to just 12 people. Odyssey intends to run 4 tours to Oberammergau 2020. We will offer one of each of the tours below and a repeat of the most popular tour.
If you wish to attend Oberammergau 2020, please look over the general booking terms below.
If none of these tours appeal to you, and you would still like to experience the Oberammergau 2020 Passion Play, please let us know, since we may be able to put together a slightly different tour package.
- At the time of booking, an AUD$1,000 non-refundable, per-person deposit is required to secure a place.
- A further AUD$1,000 on or before January 15, 2019 is required to meet the stringent booking requirements stipulated by the organisers. Alternatively, this additional amount is required at the time of booking (if after January 15, 2019) should tickets still be available. That is, bookings after this date will be asked to pay a deposit of AUD $2,000
- The balance of the 30% deposit is required to be paid a minimum of one year prior to departure
- The final payment is required 180 days prior to the commencement of the tour
- The price is correct as at November 2017. The price is locked in if full payment is received at the time of booking. Otherwise, Odyssey may adjust the tour price to reflect currency fluctuations at any time prior to the final payment.
Bookings are available online, or else by email and phone.
The tour options are as follows:
- Oberammergau & Hapsburg Cities
This 21-day history & arts tour includes the Oberammergau 2020 Passion Play. Together with Oberammergau, travellers visit Vienna, Salzburg, Prague, and Budapest.
This program will commence in mid-May 2020.
- Oberammergau plus Berlin
This tour spends the majority of the 3-week period in Berlin, exploring the city’s culture, heritage, and history, as well as taking in some fantastic jazz, cabaret, and other performances. This tour gives travellers the chance to experience life in Berlin as a local – staying in an apartment and exploring the city with a range of knowledgeable guides.
This program will include an overnight excursion to Oberammergau 2020.
- Oberammergau and Germany
This 21-day tour of Germany explores the history and fusion of East and West, as well visiting unique cultural and historical sites that define modern Germany. The tour draws on the knowledge and expertise of various local guides.
The Oberammergau passion play is part of this small group escorted tours for 21 days that travel across central Europe from Vienna to Budapest with points in between. The group spends 2 nights in the town of Oberammergau for the play.
The program follows the Hapsburg dynasty was influential in Central Europe from the 10th century. As Holy Roman Emperors they controlled an Empire which at its medieval zenith covered huge tracts of Europe stretching from Spain and the Netherlands to the Black Sea.
Level 1 - Introductory to Moderate
Berlin is a city rich in history. At every turn are traces of a past plagued by conflict, and stories of powerful resistance. The Berlin Wall stood in place from 1961 to 1989, separating East from West. But after its collapse, the city transformed, and an influx of creativity and vibrancy is palpable wherever you go. This tour from Berlin travels south to attend the once in a lifetime performance of Oberammergau. The Passion Play is performed just once per decade, and attracts people from all around the world.
Join us on this this comprehensive journey that begins in Heidelberg and ventures south to the romantic Black Forest to Munich. 22 Nights in Germany Featuring Berlin, Munich, the Black Forest, Bavaria, the Alps, and the Rhine as well as attending Oberammergau 2020.
Subscribe to our newsletter and save!
Join our newsletter mailing list to gain exclusive access to special offers and promotions.